Monday 20 February 2012

Back up and running

I AM BACK!! Went out this morning to start couch to 5k right from the beginning again.  It felt amazing.  I even changed where I run.  I have always just ran round and round a football field before but this time I felt brave and decided to try something different. 

My husband Stu is off work today so he came with me for support and we ran around the back roads at Beamish.  It felt so good to be out in the countryside and to feel like my running was actually getting somewhere instead of ending up exactly where I started from which was the problem with the field.  I was exhausted by the walk back to car but it felt good to realise we had covered so much ground. 

I managed every run without having to stop but on the second from last run we hit a hill and it was a bit of a challenge and meant by the time I had finished I was out of breath but I kept going and got through it and it feels so good now.  I don't have a single ache or pain and feel so much fitter than the first time I started the plan.

Onwards and upwards and huge thanks once again to everyone who has supported me through the bad times to get me back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment