Monday 27 February 2012

Back to the field!

After the run last Monday I woke up on Tuesday morning with terrible shin splints.  I had never suffered as badly from them and I think it has something to do with running on the roads.  By Wednesday the pain was much worse so I didn't get out for my run.

I went swimming on Thursday and did 40 lengths in 39 minutes which is great progress towards my training for the Big Splash Mile in April.  My legs felt fine when I was swimming so I planned to do the next run on Friday morning.

However, Friday morning I woke up with a head cold and if I am totally honest I couldn't be bothered.

I walked miles with the kids over the weekend at the park on Saturday and South Shileds on Sunday and finally got back out to do a run this morning.

I decided to go back to my favourite field to see if that helped with the shin pain.  I found the run went well even though I still have a cold.  It was bit windy but I got on with it and felt good when I finished.

There were two magpies on the field with me today, I am hoping that is a sign of a Newcastle win on Sunday!!

I was going to skip to week 2 but decided to just follow the plan from the beginning to gradually build back up, one more run this week and then move onto week 2 next week hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment