Thursday 22 March 2012

Lack of exercise

So the past few weeks have been a nightmare trying to get time to run.  Firstly I had a gum infection where my wisdom tooth is coming through and then had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics.  Once I was fully recovered my son got a sickness bug and just as he was getting better my daughter got a bad ear infection in both ears and her temperature was so high that she had a convulsion and ended up in A&E so obviously running was the last thing on my mind.  Just as they both returned to school I have now got a head cold.  I know you can run with a cold however I have had a chesty cough and been coughing stuff up so really don't think it would be a good idea, especially with my M.E I have a lower immune system than most and don't want to overdo it while I am run down. 

The only couple of days I did have to run things cropped up in every day life and I still didn't make it out.  I am really missing it but I have done some zumba in the house so I haven't stopped exercise altogether. 

Huge positives to take from this week though I have hit my 2 stone weight loss target.  I needed to lose 30lbs to get to a healthy BMI but 2 stone was my personal aim so I am absolutely thrilled and I did a before and after photo and was shocked to see the difference in myself. 



So the couch to 5k journey is taking much longer than I ever expected however the fact that I miss running is a huge leap from where I started and could barely run for 60 seconds.  I still have the sport relief big splash mile to focus on too so need to get swimming next week. 

I just want to say yet again thank you to everyone who has supported me, if I had tried to do any of this alone I would have failed at the first hurdle but I have overcome so much, lost 2 stone, dropped 2 dress sizes and I am a happier, more positive and much more confident person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment