Monday 26 March 2012

New approach

I have been feeling for a while now that Couch to 5k isn't really working out for me.  I am enjoying running but I am not managing to get out for 3 runs a week and it has been really slow progress.  I have just got a new fancy phone and decided to download an app to track my runs and just go out for a run without any pressure or anyone telling me when to run and walk etc.  I gave it a go this morning and I loved it.

I run for fitness and fun not to train for anything specific.  I think Couch to 5k is a fantastic program if you need to complete a 5k and it you have the time to train regularly and would highly recommend it to anyone it just wasn't right for me.  I do love it because without that plan I would never have got into running and found a new hobby to share with so many amazing people.

I ran and walked for 2.53 miles this morning in 33 minutes, I ran as much as I could and pushed myself to keep going, there were so many other runners, cyclists and dog walkers out it was like being in an outdoor gym.  Everyone said good morning and I was actually breathing well enough to be able to reply to them all. 

I have finally graduated away from my field and can now run past people without feeling embarrassed, I am a proper runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment