Thursday 22 September 2011

Week 1 day 1 of C25K

I have been trying to get fit and lose weight for so long now and nothing has ever really worked for me or I have never had the willpower and determination to keep going.  I have 2 young children who are now both at school so I can't get away with calling it "baby weight" anymore!

In January I took up zumba and really enjoyed it but struggled to get to classes due to childcare issues.  I bought the dvds and do it as often as I can but I still felt it wasn't enough. 

When the kids went back to school in September I decided to really get back into my weight loss and fitness mission and lost 5lbs in the first 2 weeks which boosted my confidence.  Today I took the next step and started couch to 5k.  I have heard of this program before but had never spoken to anyone who has done it, after advice and support on twitter I decided to go for it.  I downloaded the podcasts from itunes and got myself out onto the local football field.

I found it hard, I won't lie.  I have never really been any good at running and today was no exception but I pushed on with it and got through it, when I heard a voice in my ear say "you did it" I felt such a huge sense of achievement.  I had only ran for 8 minutes in total but for me this is actually quite a lot! 

I look forward to the next run! 

1 comment:

  1. You did so well! And it gets a bit easier too. Next time I might actually finish it!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete