Saturday 24 September 2011

Week 1 day 2

We had planned to go to south shields today for a walk and to do the second run but time just disappeared after 11am ballet class and my hubby needed to be back to watch the Man U match so we decided to just go out and do the second run together on the field.

It was nice to have my family with me for support, the kids started it but gave up and sat down to watch us instead.  I didn't struggle as much with the run, I felt less out of breath and never felt that I wanted to give up but I did feel more pain in my legs this time. 

Rest day tomorrow and I am doing no exercise, well maybe a spot of hoovering!

When we had finished running we sat and watched the kids playing in the park to get our breath back, I must admit my husband is a much faster runner than me but I am doing it for the exercise not the speed.

Only 1 run left of week 1 and I have no plans of quitting!

Papped by my hubby!


Cool down, not quite as red faced as race 1!

1 comment:

  1. My Husband and I did C25k together and although I managed to keep up with him during the first week or so, it soon became apparent that I wasn't going to be able to maintain the pace as the running bits got longer. I had to run at my own pace but we still really wanted to do it "together". So we figured a way round it - he would turn back and walk towards me during the walking sections so that we always started each running section together and when we eventually got to the point where we were running for 20 - 30 minutes at a time, he would just run backwards and forwards past me, whilst I plodded slowly in the one direction.

    Now he just leaves me to eat his dust! Although we do try to do one run a week together, at my pace.

    ReplyDelete