Thursday 20 October 2011

Week 3 DONE finally!!

After what feels like forever I have managed to get to the end of week 3 and it feels great! :)

I was much more organised this morning, I used the right podcast, put my gloves and headband on before pressing play and my water bottle didn't go floppy haha!

It was absolutely freezing and the grass was frosty but after the warm up walk I didn't even notice the cold.  For some reason I have always found the first 3 minute run harder than the second and today was the same but I got through it and the second one went really well. No aches and pains at all today which is a massive bonus!

I still can't believe I can run for 3 minutes without stopping!!  Week 4 looks scary on paper but so did week 3 and with some hard work I have made it through.  I have now lost 9lbs since September and I feel so much better for it and people are starting to comment on how well I am looking, clothes are feeling loose and my best friend Helen who hasn't been up north since before I started came up this week and said I look different too!

I feel fitter, healthier and happier and that is a motivation in itself.  I feel like I should be trying to progress away from running round and round a football field but I feel comfortable there and I very rarely see anyone else except the 2 dog walkers who always say hello and smile!  My fitness levels are obviously improving so no matter where I run I am achieving something. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow,sounds like you had a great run :). Its really great and very positive that you and your friends are seeing the results,definitely a more positive blog this time.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really glad to find another c25k blog that's being done now! You're a bit ahead of me (I've just done week 2 run 2) and I'm terrified of getting to 3 minutes non-stop running!
    I'm also blogging about it - http://runningbunn.blogspot.com - so come and follow that and we'll support each other!
    Well done on getting this far, I know how hard it is. :o)

    ReplyDelete