Monday 31 October 2011

Week 4 Day 1

Well after another week off due to kids school holidays I have finally been able to get back out for a run and it felt fantastic.

Todays challenge was to run for 3 minutes, walk for 90 seconds, run for 5 minutes, walk for 2.5minutes and then repeat it all.  I completed the first 3 minute run no problem, I was a bit worried about the 5 minute run but I did it!!  I got through nearly the whole half hour podcast without any problems but on the very last 5 minute run I got cramps in my calf muscle and a stitch so I had to walk for the end of it but I am so proud of what I had already managed to do that I refuse to dwell on it.  I can only improve by keeping at it.

I am constantly amazed by what I am achieving, I have lost 11lbs in weight and also in the past 3weeks I have lost 7inches in total from chest, stomach, waist and legs :) I am a size smaller in clothes now too!  It feels so much better than any food tastes!

Many of my couch to 5k friends have now signed up for marathons, half marathons, 10k runs etc, I don't feel like I am at that point yet but I will definitely be doing race for life at the very least and this time I will be running!  I never thought I would say that.

I just really want to thank everyone who has supported and inspired me to keep going, when I am running around the field I think of so many people who have gave me great advice and words of wisdom.  You know who you are!

1 comment:

  1. A heartfelt and inspirational post,your passion to change and make a change is clearly evident. Keep up the good work as you are inspiring people too.

    ReplyDelete